My other links

Archives of Kannada Radio Program
http://www.itsdiff.com/Kannada.html

(Kannada Songs, interviews with C Ashwath, PB Srinivas and more)


ರಸಿಕರ ರಾಜ್ಯ
For my Kannada blog please visit http://sampada.net/blog/rasikara-rajya

My first acting performance in a short movie (15 min): Please click here -> Kelade Nimageega - Short Movie

Monday, May 21, 2012

Why watch movies?

Since members in this group are avid movie watchers (movie goers in olden days) I would like to bring this up. Watching too many movies in quick succession gives me an overdose. Even if I am watching good movies I start feeling that it is pointless. My disappointment comes from this thought 'What is this? All I am doing is being a spectator. What have I learnt after watching so many good movies. May be my knowledge has widened. But what have I learnt about film making. Even if I have learnt something, what am I doing with it? Answer - nothing! Well I do learn about acting and directing and that is useful to me when I act/direct dramas to be viewed here in Kannada Koota events. But that is theater. Movie making seems very daunting - not just the artistic process - even the logistic matters. I feel it is very challenging to visualize a 2 hour final product and go about doing it in hundreds of 1 minute or 2 minute shots. It is like a thousand mile journey that requires walking only one feet at a time.

No comments: