My other links

Archives of Kannada Radio Program
http://www.itsdiff.com/Kannada.html

(Kannada Songs, interviews with C Ashwath, PB Srinivas and more)


ರಸಿಕರ ರಾಜ್ಯ
For my Kannada blog please visit http://sampada.net/blog/rasikara-rajya

My first acting performance in a short movie (15 min): Please click here -> Kelade Nimageega - Short Movie

Saturday, May 5, 2012

Ode To My Alma Mater UVCE



(I wrote this as a first post to the yahoo group which we created for the classmates at UVCE  - 1988 Electronics batch.  These are memories of my college days at UVCE. If you are from UVCE you may connect with some of my memories. Even other wise I hope you will find it interesting)






Ode To My Alma Mater UVCE

'twas an early morning in the winter of 83
with T-square on my shoulder, my mind clean and free
I put on my lab uniform and got on my cycle eagerly
And rode away to my new college called UVCE

BL Teraja wrote the bible for AC/DC
Having VKM, made it all the more EEEZ
Power electronics and material science had many repeaters
Babcock and Wilcox were boilers and not heaters.

Fortunately or unfortunately,
CNM scolded elaborately
While teaching the lab for Analytical chemistry
"It's a test-tube! Not a killer's dagger in a mystery"

Parabola hyperbola made you dizzy in the head
3 hours in the drawing hall, left you nearly dead
Chiseling and drilling was what we learnt in fitters
Smithy, carpentry and foundry was not for quitters

O how much I flip flopped the pages of Millman and Halkias
Wanting to digest the frequency response of coupled amplifias
15.2.36 is the magic formula they said
X is R, y is C, go to 4.3.5 to find out zed

Antennas by nayak at 720AM were very stressful
Last man when present you better be careful
achuth, akota and shEshaayee to escape his wrench
The safest bet was actually to sit in the first bench

At 225 outside the electronics lab
A bunch of students was waiting to grab
The few CROs which were so hard to trigger
But HSV did it, with his thumb and index finger

We cotton to electrical machines with BD
His dress was always white and tidy
You can digest back-emf, torque equation and motor speed
Watch the motion of his hands and that is all you need.

Reminiscing about those days makes my spirits lift
Lets all share what has been our gift
Please join in the effort to put back this 1988 troop
Welcome! Relax and enjoy in our UVCE_KATTE group

No comments: