My other links

Archives of Kannada Radio Program
http://www.itsdiff.com/Kannada.html

(Kannada Songs, interviews with C Ashwath, PB Srinivas and more)


ರಸಿಕರ ರಾಜ್ಯ
For my Kannada blog please visit http://sampada.net/blog/rasikara-rajya

My first acting performance in a short movie (15 min): Please click here -> Kelade Nimageega - Short Movie

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Movie Review: The Drive (2011)


"The Drive" : Luckily I heard about this movie on KQED public radio in San Francisco. Public radio programs like 'Fresh Air' and 'Forum' are my sources for good but overlooked movies. I watched it on Netflix streaming last night. Boy is it good! It has action, crime, human relations and complex characters. And the icing on the cake is Ryan Gosling. That dude looks good and can act very well in emotional or action scenes. I had heard how movies should use silence to say more. I see it in this movie. There are lots of scenes where the characters just look at each other and say nothing. It was interesting to see this. The movie has a kick-ass start with a car chase sequence. It is a gritty realistic crime movie and not a good v bad bang'em up. It has good character actors like Ron Perlman (Hulk) and Cary Mulligan. You can watch the trailer here.

No comments: