My other links

Archives of Kannada Radio Program
http://www.itsdiff.com/Kannada.html

(Kannada Songs, interviews with C Ashwath, PB Srinivas and more)


ರಸಿಕರ ರಾಜ್ಯ
For my Kannada blog please visit http://sampada.net/blog/rasikara-rajya

My first acting performance in a short movie (15 min): Please click here -> Kelade Nimageega - Short Movie

Monday, July 26, 2010

Sham Sundar, thatskannada and my first article

In early 2005 I got an email from SK Shamsundar, chief editor of thatskannada web portal in which he mentioned that he happened to read the Swarnasetu magazine and found my article 'Life Chitranna' very fascinating and suggested that I send it for publication on thatskannada website, which I promptly did. I still remember the morning after a few days, when I saw an email from S.K. Shamsundar telling me that he had just published my article 'Life chitranna' and had congratulated me on a good article. Immediately following was another email from an unfamiliar person saying that he just read my article on thatskannada and he liked it. I see in this how Sham's encouraging gesture had an immediate effect on a potential writer.

I clicked on the link provided by Sham and there came up a web page with my picture and article .
Even though I had published articles in KKNC Kannada magazines before, it was a rush of excitement, happiness and satisfaction that filled me when I saw my work in print on a public website. It was on thatskannada that my article reached thousands of readers. This one gesture on Sham's part encouraged me to write more and I am really happy that I have now developed the habit of writing in Kannada and in English. Much more than that it was a great feeling to see readers' comments on my writings.

It is well known among NRI Kannadigas, especially in the California Bay area, that thatskannada is like a training ground for many budding NRI Kannada writers from all ov
er the world. Many of us have got our first Kannada article published in thatskannada and kept writing as a result of encouragement received from thatskannada team and its readers. This web portal has brought together Kannadigas from all over the world and has spread awareness about their life and activities. As a result we have come to form friendships with many many Kannadigas across the globe forming a truly global Kannada community.

Here are some people I know who we are frequent writers on thatskannada website.
Some of them were well known for their writings before they started writing in thatskannada. The list below is proof of the impact thatskannada has had on the NRI Kannada community. The list is in no particular order. I am sorry if I have missed out some names. I will be happy to add if you bring it to my attention.

Harihareshwara, M.S. Nataraja, Sreevathsa Joshi, Shesadri (Baraha) Vaasu, Yogesh Devaraj, Sandhya ravindranath, Alamelu Ayyangar, Chandrashek
har, Nalini Maiiyya, Ahitanala, Vallisha Sastry, Srinath Bhalle, Savitha Ravishankar, Jyothi Shekhar, Dattatri Ramanna, Kumbasi Srinivasa Bhat, Triveni Srinivasa Rao, Meena Subabarao, Meera Rajgopal, Mangala Kumar, Sukumar Raghuram, Jyothi Mahadeva, Ravi Gopal Rao, Janardhana Swamy, Vishvanath Hulikal, Anupama Mangalavedhe, GS Sathya, Madhu Krishnamurthy, Malli Sannappanavar, Krishna Sastry, Vani Aravind, Vani Ramadoss (Singapore), Suguna, Gopinath Rao (Dubai), Prashanth Beechi (Nigeria), Prakash Paiyyar, Rajaram Kavale (England), Prakash Rajarao (New Zealand), Seetha Keshava and so on.

I am sure the list does not end here. Hundreds of additional names will be added to it as new writers start writing and publishing their beginning articles. Whenever I am in doubt about whether to write or not, I find guidance in these words spoken by well known Kannada writer Kum Vee. These words (paraphrased by me) apply to all aspiring writers. " There is a writer in you. You need to make that writer work hard. Get a lot of work d
one by him/her. Do not think too much about what to write. Write about whatever you feel like writing".

Good luck to all budding writers.


Please click here to read my first article published on thatskannada.

(Photo below: Sham Sundar and me during Navika - 2010 in Pasadena, Ca.

No comments: