My other links

Archives of Kannada Radio Program
http://www.itsdiff.com/Kannada.html

(Kannada Songs, interviews with C Ashwath, PB Srinivas and more)


ರಸಿಕರ ರಾಜ್ಯ
For my Kannada blog please visit http://sampada.net/blog/rasikara-rajya

My first acting performance in a short movie (15 min): Please click here -> Kelade Nimageega - Short Movie

Sunday, June 9, 2013

Fast and furious - neat but ridiculous.

For the first time I watched a movie in the Fast and Furious double trilogy (version 6). The movie bristles with action in almost every frame. It has been shot adeptly. One would expect the zippy car chases, the fire fights and fist fights would make for exciting viewing. But unfortunately the movie situations are so far fetched it is hard to take it seriously. Some of the stunts are so incredulous that it made me groan. And the entire movie is standing on the strength of the action sequences. In the absence of some suspense or intrigue the action scenes become tiresome. But one has to hand it to the film makers for being able to create the illusion of car chases and other high voltage drama.

Vin Diesel, Dwayne Johnson and a few other good guys take on highly resourceful and clever villain. There is nothing much to write about acting or the script. The movie is an attempt to capture the summer block buster market. It may find audience in the teenage crowd.The photography is great.

Unless you are ardent fan of Vin Diesel you can skip it.
My rating for the movie is 5 out of 10


1 comment:

Rasikara Rajya said...

Ravishankar Aithal
Hmm... 5 of 10, I guess I will have to catch this up on home video later on.... As it is, too many blockbuster movies to catch this summer... Looking forward to catch our desi 'Fast and Furious sequel Dhoom 3, coming this December! Hope we get to see it on IMAX at Regal Dublin as this is the first Indian movie remastered on IMAX!


Harsha Dasegowda
Madhu Krishnamurthy, I hope I didn't put you up to you watching this movie. I agree with you on things being far fetched and unrealistic. I feel the expectations should have been just that. Note of dissent: hoolywood movies like most are unrealistic. Good guys get the bad guys with one bullet while bad guys miss the good guys even after emptying a machine gun. In this movie even those unrealistic scenes are shot very well. It's gripping due to all the action as opposed to story. If you are fan of great stunts and action shots it's worth watching this on big screen. Madhu's analysis of it not having a grat story line is right. You should watch it just for the amazing action. I would agree with ImDB's rating.


Madhu Krishnamurthy
Harsha Dasegowda No. You definitely did not put me up to watching the movie. A bunch of my friends decided to watch. I agree with your point that it is entertaining. May be in my review I should have commented on the entertainment value of the movie. I had in mind the Bourne series which also had action and car chases. I enjoyed that trilogy. I like the MI series too. It is also true that Fast and Furious 6 is slick and well shot. I was a bit fatigued by the continuous action and I just quantified my experience and gave 5.