My other links

Archives of Kannada Radio Program
http://www.itsdiff.com/Kannada.html

(Kannada Songs, interviews with C Ashwath, PB Srinivas and more)


ರಸಿಕರ ರಾಜ್ಯ
For my Kannada blog please visit http://sampada.net/blog/rasikara-rajya

My first acting performance in a short movie (15 min): Please click here -> Kelade Nimageega - Short Movie

Saturday, January 19, 2013

Movie: Papillon

Watched Papillon. What a magnificent movie! I was totally sucked into it and enjoyed every moment of this well crafted movie. I knew this was a movie about prisoners but I was expecting a world war film . I have to admit that I was a bit disappointed when I realized at the beginning that this was not a prisoner of war movie. But the disappointment soon gave way to awe and I was fully absorbed into the movie. While it was bad to see the predicament of the prisoners the setting was simply exotic. The movie takes place on a beautiful tropical island in French Guiana. Steve McQueen is the heart of the movie and gives a solid performance. Dustin Hoffman is equally good. What I liked about this movie was the grit of the characters, the feeling that I was watching one of the movies from 70s when they made big screen adventures, breathtakingly beautiful locales and the twists and turns the movie takes. I will give it a 8 on 10. I feel it surely qualifies to be called a classic.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sorry I could visit face book after a gap of one and a half years. I went through your movie review. It is good film but do not live up to the novel of the same name written by Henry Charere. The director has made many changes from the original work. However he has done a tremendous jo in recreating the solitude of prisons in French Guana islands. Superb acting y Steve Mcqueen and Dustin Hoffman lifts the spirit of human struggle to a philosophical level-Puttaswamy k