My other links

Archives of Kannada Radio Program
http://www.itsdiff.com/Kannada.html

(Kannada Songs, interviews with C Ashwath, PB Srinivas and more)


ರಸಿಕರ ರಾಜ್ಯ
For my Kannada blog please visit http://sampada.net/blog/rasikara-rajya

My first acting performance in a short movie (15 min): Please click here -> Kelade Nimageega - Short Movie

Sunday, September 2, 2012

Look up


I look up at the start of the day,
it is cloudy and dull.
But only so, until I take my
first grader to her school.
Hand in hand, we walk
with other kids and parents.
In the play yard in front of the class room
Children play joyfully,
Parents are chatting too.
Then the first bell goes off,
all the kids line up,
wait with excitement,
one behind the other.
Then the second bell goes off
and out comes the wonderful teacher
and stops at the first child in the line.
With a smile she says "hello, good morning, how are you?"
The kid beams with pride and says "I am fine"
But the next one adds "How about you?"
The teacher greets each child and reaches the end of the line,
where a little girl is looking afar, lost in thought.
She smiles and puts her arm on the child's shoulder
and says "Look up.That is where you should be looking"
She points to the blue sky with cotton ball clouds and says
"You should be looking at the clouds"

No comments: