My other links

Archives of Kannada Radio Program
http://www.itsdiff.com/Kannada.html

(Kannada Songs, interviews with C Ashwath, PB Srinivas and more)


ರಸಿಕರ ರಾಜ್ಯ
For my Kannada blog please visit http://sampada.net/blog/rasikara-rajya

My first acting performance in a short movie (15 min): Please click here -> Kelade Nimageega - Short Movie

Saturday, June 9, 2012

Progressive Disclosure

"Apppaaaaa. I want you to come here",
I hear my little daughter call me.
I am fishing for messages on FB,
while enjoying my morning coffee.
So I do not pay much attention.
The call now gets louder and
sounds like an ultimatum.

I walk over to her bed and
notice she is hiding under
the blanket.
I pretend to look for her at
all the wrong places, while
she is giggling from under
the covers.

Then I say "OK. I give up", when
she triumphantly shouts
"I am here" and
pulls down the blanket.
I act upset with myself for
not finding her, even though
she is right in front of me.

She now gets to the point.
"Appa, can I tell you a secret."
I say "Of course"
She continues
"Yesterday I saw someone smoking;
During the interval in the theater,
where we saw Mary Poppins.
She was a woman;
She was smoking right next to a child;
IT WAS HER OWN CHILD"
which I thought
was a good example of
Progressive Disclosure.

No comments: