My other links

Archives of Kannada Radio Program
http://www.itsdiff.com/Kannada.html

(Kannada Songs, interviews with C Ashwath, PB Srinivas and more)


ರಸಿಕರ ರಾಜ್ಯ
For my Kannada blog please visit http://sampada.net/blog/rasikara-rajya

My first acting performance in a short movie (15 min): Please click here -> Kelade Nimageega - Short Movie

Friday, February 25, 2011

Rains Today as I was driving home from work

As I was drove home from work today evening I experienced how a waft of rain-scented cool breeze on the face and wet, shiny road reflecting the lights from vehicles, can enhance the spirits.


The weather-people have predicted that during the coming weekend it will snow at sea level in San Francisco Bay area. In preparation for that event, nature had commenced the hostilities with extremely cloudy skies and very annoying incessant rains.
Getting out of my office building and running to the car parked in the lot, got me drenched a bit. I don't mind that. But it riles me to no end when I open my car trunk and a stream of water, hiding somewhere on the car roles into the trunk. This is very annoying especially since there are important documents lying around in the trunk. The person who discovers a way to stop this from happening will make a lot of money.

But the worst is actually getting my soaking wet shoes onto the carpet in the car. I feel sick knowing that the carpet my foot is on, has actually soaked in, a few ounces of  puddle.

But I get over it as I drive out of the lot. As I enter 237 highway it was nice to see the wet roads which reflected a string of red tail lights of cars in front of me. I took some pictures from inside the car.

As I rolled down the windows to take some more photos, the NPR radio program 'All Things Considered'  starts broadcasting a live commentary on the revolution going on in Libya. A local business man was giving a bullet by bullet description of the pitched battles between the rebels and Gaddafi's henchmen in Benghazi. It was so exciting to hear it, I rolled down the windows and listened.

It was exciting to hear live the struggle of Libyans, that too within the safety of my car. I turned on the heater for added comfort. I took some pictures of the rain outside my car which you can see here.

Here is a link to that radio segment. Please give it a listen get a first hand account  Click Here

In the morning when I was driving to work I was fully impressed by the three women panel on KQED's Forum. All three women were from the middle east and were highly educated, accomplished, very knowledgeable and extremely articulate. They presented a good analysis of womens' issues in those societies and peeled apart a lot of mischaracterization and over simplification which is presented to us by the media.   You can listen to it here.

No comments: